Thursday, May 14, 2009

I recently cleared my desk, and I was looking for a piece of rough paper to help visualise some calculations when I decided to use an old notebook. And I saw this:

If time could turn itself on its back
and paddle its way to the past
if it could hold its breath for once
and try to stop for us

if waves would hover near the sea line
cautious along the imagined locus
of a certain shape of sand,
to pause,
and wait like turtles
who live unseen for ages
on the ocean land

[could time then bend
like schools of fish do...
and sleep open-eyed
in the dark space too ...?]
--- I just added this part because I left it incomplete at that time. But it's all wrong and I think it's because it's difficult to be in the same frame of mind when you're no longer the same person you were.

I wrote it on the bus, judging from the handwriting. And probably almost 2years back.
Funny how time sprints-gallops-flies.
I've grown less dependant on time.
Some people say that the 4th dimension exists only as an intangible velocity of chronological space. Imagine how much you can achieve by finding some way to touch it, bend it, move it, change it.
I. don't. know.
But time changes everything.

No comments: