elegy to my dear expired bit of ginger marmalade...
grief-filled, to you I bid adieu
sweet delight from Zealand Noveau
grief-filled, to you I bid adieu
sweet delight from Zealand Noveau
Sorely will I miss your sticky charm
no less, your embedded amber gems.
to the back of the fridge did I always push
your precious jar. lest wondering eyes spot you and eat you,
alas, overprotectiveness on hindsight.
nothing now can turn back time when
you livened boring bread and spruced puddings in your prime
rest well now.
-tosses the poor lil thing into the dustbin-
a moment of silence please for the poor ginger marmalade which I got mom to buy from New Zealand for me which I loved too much to eat too much but now there's still too much that got wasted when i wanted to eat it today and saw the unforgiving "3-10-08" stamp. -wails-
anathoth the adorable ginger marmalade and his buddy chestnut jam in better times. *sniffles*
No comments:
Post a Comment