I saw this on the bus this morning.
it was my second time, the first being a few years ago, but it struck me deeply all over again.
Here's a short clip of the full thing. It's quite graphic and not exactly easy to watch, but the full horror she experienced will never be displayed adequately by any medium.
I really hope this piece of history will never be repeated on anyone ever again,
but maybe that's too much to hope for in this crazy world.
How many of us can be as strong as her if we were to be in her position?
I'm not sure I would be.
The full docu-drama wasn't available online, and I couldn't find the part which touched me the most. I shall attempt summarize it from what I saw using my deficient memory:
*she sees a commotion below a building which turned out to be onlookers of this young woman who was about to jump off. she hurriedly makes her way up and tries to persuade her not to jump. when the woman refused, she said:
"fine! go ahead and jump! but before that can you sign this? so I can have your skin your eyes, your face after you die. you're beautiful, and you have a life you can live. Yet you want to die. But me, I want to live."
needless to say, she saved that woman's life.
food for thought.
Friday, October 24, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment